Why invest in video brochures?
- The approach is unique and innovative.
- Every brand has a story to tell and video brochures help brands tell stories to customers in a powerful way.
- They grab customer attention, are personable and easily shared; research shows up to 15 people see each video brochure.
- Visual communication is growing – most people are time poor and no longer want to read loads of information.
- They extend the return on investment of your current video content.
- Video best captures emotive storytelling and beautiful design.
- Information can be communicated quickly and with ease via video, given a 60 second video can translate to around 1.8 million words.
- Viewers retain 90% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- 71% of customers say watching video content produced by businesses leaves them with a positive impression of those brands.
Why wouldn’t I just send a customer an email instead of a video brochure?
- Because we get bombarded with emails daily, a direct mail piece like this gets you noticed.
- Video brochures are personally delivered and therefore the customer experience is far more memorable.
- They are portable, can be played anywhere and don’t rely on an internet connection.
- Because of the wow factor research shows that up to 15 other potential customers are shown your video brochure; the reach is amazing.
- Video brochures are engaging and open up conversations.
What businesses are using video brochures?
Property Developers, Video Production Houses, Automotive Companies, Hospital Foundations & Charity Networks, Advertising Agencies, Business Brokers, Tourism Organizations, Software Companies, IT Organizations, Biotech Companies, Pharmaceutical & Health Organizations, Banking & Finance Companies, Communication Organizations, Packaging Companies, Airline Companies, Sporting Groups, Marketing Agencies & Online Businesses.
How are video brochures being utilized?
Business Cards, Sales Tools & Presentations, Direct Mail Marketing, Product Launches, Tenders, Trade Shows, Staff Incentives, Pre & Post Sales Gifts, Events, Fundraisers and Patient Education.
What are some of the features available on the video brochure and can you explain them?
- Spot UV: A spot UV places a gloss coating on parts of the brochure. This is done to produce a striking appearance and draw attention to the logo, text or image.
- Embossing: A logo, image or text that is raised above the surface of the brochure to highlight a certain aspect of it.
- Matt Cellosheen: A clear film is adhered to the brochure under heat and pressure. It is used to visually enhance the printed card and add thickness at the same time.
- Slip Cover: A jacket or case for the video brochure to protect and increase the shelf life.
- Auto Play: The video brochure is triggered by a magnetic switch to automatically start once opened.
- Touchscreen: The LCD screen allows the user to interact with the software by touching areas on the screen.
- Matt Anti Scratch Lamination: : A clear film is adhered to the brochure under heat and pressure to protect it from damage. Used mainly on dark printed areas.
- Soft Touch Lamination: A clear film is adhered to the brochure under heat and pressure to give it a velvet and premium finish.
- Paperback: Our standard paper brochures are 320gsm (grams per square metre)
- Hard Cover: These brochures use a 1400gsm greyboard lined with 157gsm paper. The final product is a lot heavier than the paperback and provides a more premium finish.
- HD: refers to the brochure display having High Definition
- IPS: In Plane Switching refers to the screen being able to be viewed on all angles, think cell phone quality.
Can I have full colour print throughout the video brochure?
Yes all of our products allow you to customise the look and feel of your video brochure using CMYK. For some customers knowing what to do and what works best can be difficult a decision. As experts we can advise you on the best possible finish for your video brochure.
Can we print in PMS?
Yes our brochures can use the Pantone Matching Scheme; additional charges will apply.
Who does the creative for my video brochure?
We can do the creative for you or supply you with the templates for your creative resource. We are of course always here to answer any questions you may have about best practice design and positioning of the buttons. All artwork should be supplied as a PDF or AI file and be outlined.
What are the video brochure lead times?
Depending on the complexity of your brochure standard lead times are 3-4 weeks and for more involved productions – anywhere between 4-6 weeks.
How do I know what screen size to use for my video brochure?
- The diagonal measurement of the screen determines the screen size.
- Business Cards use a 2.4 inch screen.
- Half Pages can use a 4.3 inch, 5 inch and 7 inch screen.
- Presentation Folders are best produced with a 7 and 10 inch screen.
- Video Presentation Boxes: can use a 5, 7 & 10 inch screen.
Can you put my video/s on the video brochures?
Yes this can be done at point of manufacture and is included in the pricing.
Can the video brochure be password protected?
Yes they can, this will ensure your video content cannot be overwritten and will be protected from inappropriate material uploaded to it.
Can I change the video content on my video brochure?
Yes this is one of the greatest features of the video brochure and ensures the product has a great shelf life. It is as simple as plugging in the USB cable provided to your laptop or PC and dragging and dropping the video files onto the device where you need them.
What video format should I use?
Both mp4 and AVI are the most preferred formats. Video brochures will accept 720p files. We recommend mp4.
Can I place images on the video brochures?
Yes you can, jpg format is generally the best.
There are many different options available to choose from such as:
- An image upon opening; great for a congratulatory or thankyou message
- An image as part of the content that displays multiple shots as a slideshow
- A menu image for a touchscreen
- If you are unsure what to use we can talk you through the best options to personalize your video brochure.
How long does the battery last and how long does it take to charge?
The Video brochure will operate for 1.5 to 2 hours when fully charged. To extend battery life and reduce charge time, ensure the battery is never completely drained of power. The battery icon at top right of screen displays as full when completely charged.
The video brochure will take 1.5 to 2 hours to fully charge from flat.
What comes with the unit?
A USB cable comes with every video brochure.
Is there any training required?
No this is not necessary. The process is really as simple as plugging in the USB cable and dragging and dropping the files onto the unit.
If you have any issues of course we are available to answer your questions or help.
What does Video Brochures Direct do differently?
We understand sales and the importance of great sales tools that work. We also understand that your time is valuable and you want to ensure the offshore production of your video brochures is being managed professionally and cost effectively.
We stand by this and provide our customers with the best quality products in the market.
What happens if any of the units are damaged or not working when we receive them?
Yes this can happen sometimes albeit very rarely especially as the video brochures are air freighted from overseas. If this does happen we have a 30 day return policy where we will exchange any that are not working or any that are damaged.
How do I order some video brochures?
In terms of getting you started we ask for a 50% deposit up front with the balance payable on delivery. Payment for all orders can be made by either direct debit or we accept Visa , MasterCard or American Express.